Thursday, February 18, 2010

First Post!

After many false starts (ha!), I've finally got a motorcycle. It's a 1999 Legend Triumph from my father-in-law. A quick history:
First owner was a Triumph dealership out east-in or around Manassas, VA. I list the dealiership as the owner because it was a floor bike, and probably got ridden around for demos. The bright side of this is that it's pretty tricked-out with accessories. It's got a triumph windscreen, triumph saddlebags, and the peashooter exhausts, I'm not sure if they are the "offroad exhausts," or just regular Thunderbird ones tacked on.
Second owner was my brother-in-law who lightly used it before selling it to my father-in-law, making me the 4th owner, but with a pretty reliable chain of custody.
I thought it would be fun and useful to record what I'm doing on the bike, because I have an awful memory, and need to practice writing outside of documentation.

1 comment:

  1. Just to round out your history. When I got the bike, it was absolutely stock. It had a whopping 13 miles on it. I installed the bags and the windscreen. I also (with the help of a friend installed the stock Thunderbird Peashooters (because I like the look of them better), pads on the sides of the tank and everything else extra that is on the bike. Until I went to Russia, she was babied. I'm just happy that she is finally getting the TLC that she deserves.

    ReplyDelete